If you have experienced or are currently experiencing stalking, there is no right or wrong way to feel or be. What has happened is not your fault and you're not alone. Your safety and wellbeing are the most important things right now and you can access specialist support, if and whenever you feel ready.

 University Support

  • Speak to advisor.  A specialist advisor will get in touch to discuss your options with you and will be able to offer appropriate practical and emotional support tailored to your circumstances.  This is confidential and does not instigate any kind of formal reporting process. 
  • Counselling Service. The Counselling Service offers confidential support to students and staff. 

External Support 

  • National Stalking Helpline - 0808 802 0300 - gives practical information, support, and advice on risk, safety planning and legislation to victims of stalking, their friends and family. 
  • Suzy Lamplugh Trust provides help and advice to victims of stalking.
  • Paladin provides help and advice to victims of stalking

Reporting Options

It’s your choice. It's completely up to you whether or not to report what's happened. No-one else can or should make that choice for you. 

  • Police. In an emergency or if you are in immediate danger you should dial 999.  Otherwise, you can call 101 or visit your local police station to report a crime.  If you press 55, you'll be transferred to a call centre where an advisor will let you know you're connected. If you cannot speak, you'll again be asked to tap your phone, make a noise or press 55. The advisor will try to help you in a number of ways, so you do not feel under pressure to just do one thing. Reporting is a big decision and all of the support services linked to above can support you with this, if you decide to make a police report. 
  • University. If the perpetrator is a member of the University community you will have the option of submitting a formal report. The first step to making a formal report is to speak with an advisor,  who will be able to provide you with advice and support on what options are available to make an informed decision. 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened